Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Baby Reid: Month 1

My, where has the past month gone?




You know what they say?  That the days are long, but the years are short?  This last month has felt so short.  I can hardly believe that just over a month ago I was so enormously pregnant that I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the week caring for my big kids.

What an amazing month it has been!

After coming home from the birth center, we really got settled in at home.  Daniel stayed home from work for a week, and I spent lots of time lounging and napping with the new little guy.  Mom took some time off the following week and helped a ton as well.




Eating breakfast, 'high needs baby' style -  i.e., with a sling
Reid seems to be fitting in nicely!  He's happy so long as he's being held, so we've made lots of good use of my many carriers.  Sleep at night is fairly decent, so I can't complain on that count, either.   

Nothing to see here.... just hanging out on mommy's back in this super comfy carrier.

Norah and Miles absolutely adore him.  Norah wants to hold Reid constantly, and has been making up little songs to sing to him.  Miles also just loves him to bits, and learned to say, "Baby" real fast.  Just the last few days I've set Reid under a baby playmat, and Miles likes to crawl under it too, and lay next to him.

Proud big sister
 
Two brothers, just chillin' under the playmat
"Baby!"
 

Reid's hair has started falling out, which is kind of a bummer.  I'm curious to see if it will come back in blonde like Norah's and Miles'.

We've had one well baby visit, at 3 weeks old.  Reid weighed in at 10lbs, 6 oz, and 22 inches long.  Dr. Guebard says he is growing nicely and looks great!

We're all settling in pretty well together.  There are definitely challenges in having 3 little ones at home, but we are taking it a day at a time and it is going remarkably well.  We've been so incredibly fortunate to have lots of friends and family checking in on us, helping out, and bringing us meals and snacks.  Over a month later and I'm *still* feasting on the spoils other people have brought.  Thank you all, so so much.

Here are a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure:



A day in the life...
 
Synchronized playmatting.  All the rage.

 



No comments: