- When I walk into the bathroom right after my husband is done getting ready and the whole room smells like his cologne.
- Bees landing on the sunflowers I planted this summer.
- Buying a used book that is worn and marked and I can tell someone loved it very much.
- The way Dingo jumps and runs in circles and wags her tail when I come home from work.
- The first 4 measures of Rufus Wainwright's 'Hallelujah' when I recognize the song and instantly think of the people I love.
- The smell of fall.
- Finding candy I'd forgotten about.
- Feeling my baby kick.
- The smells of Black & Milds and clove cigarettes.
- Knowing the secret languages of my friendships - i.e that Lisey and M hate bouncies and knowing all of Mia's 10-cent abominable words.
- Handmade clothes and accessories.
- When my husband rubs my fat, pregnant belly.
- Chiclets out of a gumball machine.
- When gay men hold hands unashamedly in public.
- Calling an old friend and saying, 'It's me' and she knows exactly who it is.
- My Channel Surfers hoodie.
- Waking up to find my cat Zeus asleep and spooning with me with his head resting in the crook of my arm.
- Asymmetrical art.
- When I bring my husband peanut butter no-bake cookies from the grocery store and he gets really excited about it.
- Hearing homeless J on the radio.
- Every time Locke doesn't let Jack tell him what to do on LOST.
- When my sister makes me laugh really hard and my mother gives us that look that says, "Guess it must be a sister thing".
- Coins from foreign countries.
- Hearing a reference to classic literature and knowing the story it came from.
- Runts Easter Egg candies.
- Getting handwritten notes from my grandma in the mail.
- Giving away something I made by hand.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Things That Make Me Happy (AKA The Sappiest Thing I've Ever Written)
at 12:40 PM