Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy (AKA The Sappiest Thing I've Ever Written)

  • When I walk into the bathroom right after my husband is done getting ready and the whole room smells like his cologne.
  • Bees landing on the sunflowers I planted this summer.
  • Buying a used book that is worn and marked and I can tell someone loved it very much.
  • The way Dingo jumps and runs in circles and wags her tail when I come home from work.
  • The first 4 measures of Rufus Wainwright's 'Hallelujah' when I recognize the song and instantly think of the people I love.
  • The smell of fall.
  • Finding candy I'd forgotten about.
  • Feeling my baby kick.
  • The smells of Black & Milds and clove cigarettes.
  • Knowing the secret languages of my friendships - i.e that Lisey and M hate bouncies and knowing all of Mia's 10-cent abominable words.
  • Handmade clothes and accessories.
  • When my husband rubs my fat, pregnant belly.
  • Chiclets out of a gumball machine.
  • When gay men hold hands unashamedly in public.
  • Calling an old friend and saying, 'It's me' and she knows exactly who it is.
  • My Channel Surfers hoodie.
  • Waking up to find my cat Zeus asleep and spooning with me with his head resting in the crook of my arm.
  • Asymmetrical art.
  • When I bring my husband peanut butter no-bake cookies from the grocery store and he gets really excited about it.
  • Hearing homeless J on the radio.
  • Every time Locke doesn't let Jack tell him what to do on LOST.
  • When my sister makes me laugh really hard and my mother gives us that look that says, "Guess it must be a sister thing".
  • Coins from foreign countries.
  • Hearing a reference to classic literature and knowing the story it came from.
  • Runts Easter Egg candies.
  • Getting handwritten notes from my grandma in the mail.
  • Giving away something I made by hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. I loved this one.
Email me soon.

Love ya
Jen