Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I will not be like those concubine whores!

Random memory:

I am probably nine or ten years old, which means that my sister Velma is probably seven or eight years old. My mother, father, sister and I are sitting at the dinner table eating supper and dialoguing about what we might want to be when we grow up.


Velma: I want to be a prostitute when I grow up!

Mom & Dad: (choke on food)

Me: (choke on food and giggle because I know what a prostitute is)

Mom & Dad: Honey, do you know what a prostitue is?

Velma: Yep, it's a lawyer! A female lawyer! I want to be a prostitute when I grow up!


Apparantly the little girl down the street was having some difficulty distinguishing between a prostitute and a prosecuter.

Either one would be fairly ambitious for a seven-year-old, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE this memory!! No matter how many times I hear it, it cracks me up. And I can just hear "Velma" saying that as a kid.